Following a very successful opening day, The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York taking place today from 10 am – 5 pm at the Javits Center in New York, will feature hundreds of new and returning exhibitors, in addition to an expansive educational program, cooking demonstrations, and other exciting events for restaurant and foodservice professionals to enjoy. The trade show and conference is sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association and produced by Urban Expositions, a division of Clarion Events.
Schedule of Events for MONDAY, MARCH 5th – Exhibit Hall Open 10:00am – 5:00pm
● How to Become a RockStar Restaurant – (9:00am – 12:00pm, Meeting Room 1C04).This workshop is open to servers, bartenders, key employees, manager and owner. Pre-registration is required*.
● Pitch the Press – (10:00am – 10:45am, Education Station – Booth 1445). You are invited to a unique one-hour event to experience presentations from a specially selected group of the most intriguing new products, services, and trends. Each presenter will be given the opportunity to pitch for 2 minutes, followed by a 1-minute Q&A for press and buyers
● New York State Restaurant Association Presents: How The Power of Positive Restaurant Culture Drives Business Success – (10:30am – 11:30am, Center Stage – Booth 2265).
● Foodservice Council for Women Presents: Amplifying Women’s Leadership – (11:45am – 12:45pm, Center Stage – Booth 2265).The Foodservice Council for Women was created to promote the importance of women and leadership in the foodservice industry. Panelists include: Maneet Chauhan, Morph Hospitality; Ivy Stark, El Toro Blanco; Jilly Stephens, City Harvest; Morgan Tucker, M Tucker; and Victoria Vega, Unidine. Kathleen Wood, Kathleen Wood Partners will moderate. Followed by the Beacon Award Presentation to City Harvest’s CEO, Jilly Stephens.
● Malabar Crab Cake Culinary Demonstration with Chef Maneet Chauhan – (1:00pm – 2:00pm, Center Stage – Booth 2265).
● Chicken Adobo served in a Caliburrito Culinary Demonstration with Chef Jordan Andino – (2:00pm – 3:15pm, Center Stage – Booth 2265).
● Rapid Fire Challenge: Meatball Madness Edition – (3:30pm – 5:00pm, Center Stage – Booth 2265). Sponsored and moderated by TotalFoodService. In honor of March Madness the Rapid Fire Challenge brings you Meatball Madness! Help cheer on the chef that has the best tasting meatballs!
● Why Whiskey? – (3:30pm – 5:00pm, Meeting Room 1C04). NEW to the NY Restaurant Show! Are you ready to taste? From California to London, thousands of people have been educated and entertained by Why Whiskey, presented by whiskey expert and journalist Tom Fischer, BourbonBlog.com.